Current as of May 18, 2020
For the past several weeks, Holy Cross has been refraining from in-person worship and instead worshiping via live-stream because of the COVID-19 pandemic. However, with Utah and Box Elder County moving to the “Low-Risk Phase”, the church council and I have decided to return to in-person worship starting on Pentecost Sunday, May 31.
The return to in-person worship doesn’t mean the livestreams are going away, although there may be a delay for the first few weeks when the services will be recorded live and broadcast on YouTube later. We are taking steps to enable us to livestream our services from the church, but we don’t have a timeline for when that can take place yet.
Because “Low Risk” does not mean “No Risk”, there are some steps we’ll be taking to be responsible in maintaining everyone who attends’ health and safety as much as possible. To that end, here is what we are doing or requesting:
- Please wear a face covering when you attend church, unless you are medically unable to do so.
- Maintain at least a 6ft social distance when gathering before church.
- Maintain at least a 10ft social distance during worship between household groups; this will be assisted with markings on the pews or chairs.
- We will not be filling the baptismal font, sharing the peace, passing the offering plate, or holding hands during the Lord’s Prayer.
- Hand sanitizer will be available the entrance and its use is encouraged, as is proper hand washing when available.
- Holy Communion will be served to each household group individually, with liberal use of hand sanitizer before and after each group.
- If you don’t feel comfortable meeting with us in person, that’s OK; you are welcome to continue to worship with us online.
- If you are a high-risk individual (over 65 years old or with an underlying medical condition), I invite you to worship with us online.
- If you aren’t feeling well or exhibit any of the COVID-19 symptoms (Cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell); please contact your physician or the COVID-19 hotline, and worship with us online.
If at any point the Utah or Bear River Health Departments change the risk phase, we will re-evaluate how we meet together. Keep an eye on the church website or Facebook page for updates.