Current as of June 5, 2020
I am so sad to be writing this. I was so excited to see people this week, but with another “highest single day case count” of COVID-19 cases in our state, almost half of which are from our own backyard, the church council and I have decided that it’s best to postpone services indefinitely, until we see a clear decline in the number of daily cases.
It’s definitely not ideal, and none of us are happy about this decision, but we feel it’s the only decision we can make. As wonderful as it would be to meet together again, we just can’t justify it while the pandemic seems to be in another spike. We hope that we can feel comfortable inviting you all back to church soon, but we have no idea when that will be.
Until then, we’ll continue meeting online. In some good news, starting next week, we’ll be bringing back some of the music from our liturgy. We’ll also be continuing to have church from the church instead of from my kitchen. For a little while, the services will be pre-recorded and rebroadcast, but once the church’s internet is upgraded we’ll be able to livestream the services again.
I wish we could meet back at the church this Sunday and every Sunday, but until then we’ll have to continue worshiping together apart. I urge you to reach out to one another and find ways to continue friendships through this uncertain time.
If at any point the Utah or Bear River Health Departments change the risk phase, we will re-evaluate how we meet together. Keep an eye on the church website or Facebook page for updates.